Blogger is the only option available as of now to export your Multiply blog. Users can take it from there. There are lots of tutorials available online on how to move your blog from Blogger to Wordpress.
Below is the full message from Multiply's CEO, Stefan Magdalinski:
This is Stefan Magdalinski, CEO of Multiply.
Over the past year and a half, Multiply has shifted its business focus on expanding its e-Commerce presence in Southeast Asia, concentrating primarily on the Philippine & Indonesian markets. It is for this reason that we have moved the Multiply Headquarters from Florida, USA to Jakarta, Indonesia.
You know from my last update that as part of this shift in strategic focus to online shopping & selling, we will no longer support the social networking features beyond December 1, 2012. We know this decision is an unpopular one, but rest assured it was carefully considered, and we feel that it is only through single-minded focus that we will achieve our goal to be Asia's most loved online marketplace.
For our users who utilize our social network features (blog, video, photo, etc), we realize that this is painful, and we are launching some tools to help you preserve your content or move it to another platform.The export tools are now available below your headshot on your Multiply site and enable you to do the following:
- Download your content to your computer
- Export to Blogger (a blogging platform owned by Google)There are efforts to offer ways to migrate your content to other platforms such as Tumblr and Wordpress but these are still in the works and we will keep you updated as things progress.Using the export tool:
- Visit your Multiply page (example: multiplyid.multiply.com)
- Click one of the options available on your Multiply page (below your headshot):
- Download Media: to download all media files
- Export to Blogger: to transfer your blogs to your Blogger page
- Choose file you would like to download
- You will receive an email (via the email address registered to your Multiply account) containing a link to download all your Multiply files along with instructions on how to import them to Blogger.
(Sample Email)These tools will be available until December 1, 2012 for you to migrate your content. There are efforts underway to offer ways to migrate your content to other platforms such as Tumblr and Wordpress, and we will keep you posted as these options materialize.
For more information, please read this list of Frequently Asked Questions on this process.Should you have any questions regarding the export tool, please let us know by dropping an email to email@example.com.
Thank you for your kind attention. It has been a joy to have been your trusted partner in the storage and sharing of your lives online and we look forward to remain a part of your lives as we complete our transition into SEA’s leading online marketplace.
If you are using custom CSS the links to the export tools may not be visible under your headshot. In this case you can use the following urls to access them directly
http://(INSERT USER ID).multiply.com/download-media
http://(INSERT USER ID).multiply.com/export-to-blogger
http://(INSERT USER ID).multiply.com/export-to-tumblr